Sandpiper Ventures Announces Investment in ProcedureFlow
July 26, 2022 – Halifax, NS, Canada – Today, Sandpiper Ventures announced its investment in ProcedureFlow, a next-generation knowledge management software that simplifies the way employees navigate company information and processes, enabling better training and on-the-job support to accelerate employee performance from day one.
ProcedureFlow is a SaaS solution that digitizes company operations by visualizing processes and making it easier for employees to find information and follow procedures effectively and efficiently. ProcedureFlow makes employees experts faster by combining information with the knowledge and experience of an organization’s top performer, ensuring employees have access to the information they need, exactly when they need it. As a result, new employees reach proficiency faster and productivity across the workforce increases. With less searching, no memorizing, and a single source of truth in place, organizations can achieve process efficiency, improving the bottom line and driving results.
Daniella Degrace, CEO, ProcedureFlow comments, “The biggest problem so many organizations are facing is how to achieve a consistent level of expertise from their employees across the company, regardless of their tenure, role or experience level. This is very much about accelerating the onboarding process and democratizing the brain trust of a company to create a high performing culture. In today’s digital workplace, easy access to information is vital to a company’s operations – and we are the solution to do that.”
Rhiannon Davies, Co-founder and Managing Partner of Sandpiper Ventures adds, “This is exactly the solution organizations require in this era of hybrid work environments and the need to iterate and scale their business quickly. So as an investment for Sandpiper, this product that provides all employees the right information at the right place, at the right time is very compelling. This is the most progressive example of a software that delivers operational efficiency.”
ProcedureFlow is disrupting the knowledge management space. With more workplaces becoming fully remote, managing company knowledge is more complex than ever. Companies need a solution that ensures their employees have access to expert information when they need it. Employees no longer have the patience to navigate knowledge bases with thousands of lengthy, text-based articles that are often out of date. ProcedureFlow solves that challenge by enabling companies to digitize their processes in a highly consumable, accessible, and easily updatable format.
ProcedureFlow has grown its user base by 600% in the last 4 years, serving industries such as banking, financial services, insurance, healthcare, utilities, and 311 centers.
ProcedureFlow customers have achieved the following results:
- 75% decrease in training time
- 15% reduction in operating costs
- 40% faster process creation
- 50% decrease in escalations
- 10% reduction in average handle times
- 6% improvement in first call resolution
Sandpiper Ventures and Women in Venture Capital
- Women-owned businesses currently receive just 2.8% of venture capital (VC) funding available worldwide, and an estimated 4% of VC funding in Canada (Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada)
- Women are also under-represented among equity investors, representing only 15.2% of Canadian VC partners and 16.7% of Canadian angel investors. (Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada)
- Women working in analyst, senior analyst, and associate roles make three to 13 percent less than their male counterparts in median salary. Bonus-wise, female analysts also make 43 to 46 percent less than men, while associates earn the same (Canadian Women in VC)
- Women-led startups ultimately deliver higher revenue — more than twice as much per dollar invested (Boston Consulting Group)
- Only 2% of angel investors in Canada are female and female founders receive only 3% of VC dollars. Women of colour receive just 0.2% of funding, and there are no stats available for Indigenous women, LGBTQ women and/or women with disabilities, likely because the numbers are so small.
- Female entrepreneurs receive $0.8M CAD while male counterparts receive $2.1M CAD.
A Knowledge Management software uniquely designed for the modern workplace. ProcedureFlow simplifies the way employees navigate organizational processes to accelerate proficiency. Our improved process flows allow you to create, organize, update, share, and track procedures for easier end-to-end management.
ProcedureFlow digitizes your operations to create a single source of truth for company processes. This allows employees to access the information they need in a highly consumable, visual, and easily updatable format. With ProcedureFlow, companies can create a high performing culture by improving training and proficiency and boosting employee confidence from day one.
Daniella Degrace, CEO
Daniella has 25 years of Tech Startup business experience resulting in three startup M&A (Radian6, Q1Labs, iMagicTV). At iMagicTV (acquired by Alcatel), Daniella was responsible for EMEA operations and market development, global sales, and global customer support. At Q1Labs (acquired by IBM Security), Daniella was responsible for the delivery of customer contracts, contract renewals, revenue growth, and customer satisfaction. At Radian6 (acquired by Salesforce.com), Daniella was responsible for the delivery of international customer contracts, contracts renewal, revenue growth, and customer satisfaction. Daniella is passionate about coaching startups, has a never-ending supply of energy, an unquenchable curiosity, and a heartfelt philanthropic commitment.
ProcedureFlow CEO, Daniella Degrace
About Sandpiper Ventures
As the first all-women GP fund in Canada, Sandpiper Ventures (www.sandpiper.vc) is a seed stage venture capital fund committed to investing in women and women’s innovation as a proactive and profitable business decision. Sandpiper’s management team and active advisors are proven business leaders. With deep industry experience and expansive networks, they provide access to unique deal-flow and the tools with an operator’s lens to support portfolio companies to scale massive proportions. Sandpiper is co-founder of Canada51, a nationwide movement to radically increase women’s participation in the innovation-driven economy. To learn more, visit Sandpiper.vc and follow @Sandpiper_VC on Twitter and Instagram or on LinkedIn.
For more information:
Tara Wickwire, Sandpiper Ventures
Brand Network Lead
< Back to all news